You don't need to go to the gym in order to get your recommended weekly physical activity. Call your friends, get together with family, go on your own to different places and be active! It doesn't matter the temperature outside, whether or not it is snowing or raining; there are always plenty of fun activities to do.
If you don’t get enough physical activity in your daily life, you should start now! Here are some ideas to stay active during the day.
- If you live close enough to work or the local markets,rather then driving, take a walk or ride a bike.
- Use the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator. If there is only an escalator, be sure to walk the escalator.
- If you have a job where you are constantly at a desk, get up and walk around for 5 minutes every 30 minutes to an hour, and stretch as well.
- Clean your house/apartment.
- Mow your lawn (not with the machine you drive, but the one you push.)
- During autumn season, rake the leaves in your yard.
- During the winter time, shovel snow.
If you want more Physical Activity ideas check out my Life’s Adventures page.
Fun Ideas for the winter:
Fun Ideas for the Summer:
Fun Ideas for any season during any type of weather:
Activities for the home
Fun Ideas for kids